WordPress Generalist / Administrator / Designer / Customer Liaison
Our ideal candidate will be located on Cape Cod and have 2 years experience working with WordPress. Their core strength will be basic knowledge of WordPress, great problem solving skills, and working between clients and design/higher level technical staff when problems arise. They have a sense of urgency when answering client questions and have a similar vision of design and service as our core team.
- Updating website content, adding images, minor design additions and changes using WYSIWYG visual theme builders.
- Understanding of usability, user experience and user interface best practices.
- WordPress general administration such as core and plugin updates, and manage backups… but not expected to be able to “fix every single issue”.
- Testing of websites after major updates by clicking through the website and looking for broken pages or features.
- Identify and diagnose basic issues, work with our backup software to restore a broken website, escalate to specialized freelancers we have in our team.
- Sourcing and Purchasing software to implement new website functionality such as: member only portals, event calendars with integrations, installation and configuration of woocommerce including promocodes, advanced shipping options, and taxes.
- Work with 2nd level technical staff when sites break if needed, speed optimization, or other WordPress break/fix issues arise.
- Act as first level support interacting with clients on website issues.
- Share on call responsibilities with 3 other people for down web hosting, broken sites, or urgent issues.
- Escalate WordPress issues beyond your skill set to pre-qualified technical freelancers, track, and manage the fix process and report back to client.
Organization and Personal Skills
- Strong time tracking, customer service, and organization skills
- Assist with tracking software licenses, ensuring daily backups, and website uptime.
- Attend weekly staff meetings in person in Hyannis, and sometimes by phone.
- Screencast trainings on showing clients how to use their WordPress website.
- Sit in on occasional sales meetings in Hyannis, Ma
- Must be motivated, self starter, finish tasks completely with self testing, and able to communicate effectively with clients.